Friday, September 10, 2010

Norm did it again…

Have I ever said just how much I enjoy Dark Star Cellars in Paso Robles?

Well, Norm took his left over wine from last years bottling, stuck it in a bottle, slapped a label on it and called it Chain Reaction.

Here is what Norm says on their web site “Now any duffus can sell wine, but it takes an extremely talented guy with the pallet of Bacchus himself to create a blend like Chain Reaction. That guy would be me of course. It’s an incredible, delicate blend of Cab, Merlot, and Syrah with a splash of Grenache and Zin. Pure genius, and very “outside the box”.

Need I say more? The wine is good… real good. It reminds me of the Justin Orphan, but with more flavor, and a better finish. It sells for $18 a bottle, but wine club members get it for $12.60….. yeah that’s right Twelve Dollars and Sixty Cents.

I have been reevaluating my wine club memberships lately, some I have had for many years, the wines have been disappointing- but I have never been disappointed from Dark Star wines. Make them your next wine club membership!

And while you are there, be sure to check out their son’s wines, located right behind the tasting room for Dark Star, you will find Brian Benson Cellars. Brian has a Syrah that spent 40 months in oak barrels that is full-bodied and just the right amount of spice and smoke to make you say, can I have another glass, and pass the steak!

http://www.darkstarcellars.com/

http://www.brianbensoncellars.com/

Cheers-

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Tim - I am so with you on Dark Star. We have been club members from the very beginning, and Dark Star is the only club we have retained after all these years. We love Norm and Susan and Brian - and we especially love their wines! We've been spreading the word for years. In our house, Dark Star is the house wine.

    ReplyDelete