Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Temecula Valley Wineries.... who do they think they are?

Look at my website under winery reviews, and you get an honest idea of what I think of the Temecula Valley area wineries. 

This coming weekend myself and a group of 22 other wine lovers are traveling up to Sonoma for their annual barrel tasting weekend. This will be 5th year in a row that I have attended this wonderful event. For only $20 you can barrel sample at any of the 147 wineries participating in this years two weekend festivities.  

http://www.wineroad.com/annualevents/3

I love Sonoma Valley wines, they represent some of the best California has to offer.

This same weekend, Temecula Valley, is holding their own Barrel Tasting weekend. For $99 you can visit any of the 30 wineries in the Temecula Valley. They are calling this event WoW (World of Wine), unfortunately I feel that the Temecula Valley is no where near the World of Wine. A part of me would like to see Temecula Valley be made a part of Arizona (nothing against Arizona) but is embarrassing that they represent California Wines.

http://www.temeculawines.org/events/index.php?events_id=24

I have made three trips to the Temecula Valley in the past five years, and not once did I find a wine that suited my palate and I found the arrogant attitude of most of the tasting room personnel worse than in the snootiest of Napa wineries. 

What do you think of Temecula Valley wines? When was the last time you saw one of those on a restaurant wine list?

 Cheers-

Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment